I’ve learned how to make Elite Dangerous better with mods, apps, and tweaks. Frontier was developed as a space simulator which is amazingly big.
- Bottom Line: Recently, a gaming friend using ED joysticks asked me what are your thoughts about and download links for amazing elite dangerous mods?
Well: I must state that most of the mods available are sound and visual such and HUD Recolour and edfx as they will not modify or affect gameplay. Check the Controller for Retropie.
Reviews: 7 Best Elite Dangerous Mods in 2022
1. Voice Attack
Voice attack is a third-party voice recognition software that will execute custom macro commands.
- It allows you to create anything from custom macro to simple keystrokes and then speak your commands to operate Elite Dangerous.
So, how much will such great software cost you? Well, voice attack has a free trial for $8 that you can use for the first 21 days while deciding if you need to upgrade to the premium Voice Attack.
- For a voice attack, you’ll only require a microphone to work with the software.
- However, the elite dangerous mod will work best in areas that have less ambient noise.
Further, you might need to train Voice attack if your voice has an accent to allow it to understand your voice correctly.
The Elite dangerous mod mimics the ship commander you see in TV series and sci-fi games. Read Also: Top Controller for Steam Link.
In such cases, the commander utters some instructions to a computer in the ship, which immediately executes the same.
- Interestingly, in the case of the Voice Attack, the software is able to talk back to you as you issue commands.
- Also, you can set some custom commands for the Voice Attack that it can utter after listening to some initial commands.
Further, you might need to check out the Elite: Dangerous Voice Pack that could give you some pre-created key inputs and command profiles.
2. HUD Recolour
HUD Recolour modifies the regular onboard computer “star” orange color and changes it to various shades and different areas.
Every pop-up HUD is the foundation of each Elite dangerous gaming. You might need to have a varied collection of bling in the ship’s cockpit. But you cannot alter this in the game.
However, you could require getting the GraphicsConfiguration.xml file to modify the HUD color.
Strictly speaking, there are no Elite: dangerous mods but there are many third-party tools if you are in the PC Master race.
Roccat Power-Grid, TrackIR, Voice Attack, Head Tracking, and HUD Recolour.