Most gamers are upgrading to superior CPUs like Intel Core i7 7600k coupled with top compatible motherboards unless you are in the AMD Ryzen group – use the best motherboard for i5 7600k.
- The i5 7600k processor has advanced features compared to the other i5 series processors.
Notably, i5 7600k has a 7% increase in clock speed over the i5-6600K. Check my analysis i5 6600k vs. i7 6700k.
Reviews: Top 7 Best Motherboard for i5 7600k in 2023
For its budget prices, the Asus Prime Z270-A is a great quality board and white theme motherboard that will also allow overclocking.
Asus Prime Z270-A doubles as the most common Z270 motherboard for gaming, content creation, or streaming, and the Asus’’ highly popular motherboard entry.
I must state that ASUS has incorporated critical new attributes such as M.2 and removed unusable futures like SATA Express. It has USB 2.0 and USB 3.1, Thunderbolt 3 support, integrated RGB lighting.
The audio is being elevated with an innovative codec, notwithstanding it being an entry point motherboard. Read Also: Sd card for raspberry pi 3.
- Previously, the RGB headers will only be in the ASUS RG series and motherboards.
- Interestingly, ASUS PRIME Z270-A has both the aura sync technology and RGB headers.
- In fan control, each header has both 3-pin and 4-pin and thus can control the temperature inputs and acoustics, or GP temperature that you can assign.
The differentiating features of the motherboard are 6 SATA ports, two M.2 drive connectors, many 2.0 and 3.0 headers, and type-A and C connectors.
The ASUS PRIME Z270-A can hit about 5.1GHz in overclocking. The motherboard maintains its popularity due to its quality build, budget price, and polished bios.
However, the ASUS PRIME Z270-A will not be easy to upgrade in the future since the i5-7640K and i7-7740K CPUs will be using a different LGA 2066 Socket.
- ASUS motherboard will have superior support and Bios firmware updates.
- Supports customized 3D printed panels
- Beautiful build and layout
- Top UEFI BIOS build
- Has no UEFI RGB LED design
Z270 SLI Plus is SLI and thus is great for heavy work and gaming with Intel’s top chipset. It has Military Grade 5 elements, supports Crossfire, and SLI, USB 3.1, and has Turbo M.2 slots.
The northbridge and southbridge are protected by the heatsinks with both bright and black metal.
However, the motherboard lacks the RGB LEDs on the board but has an RGB light-strip header. It has a 3800MHz running DDR4 with SATA 3 ports and 2 M.2 sockets storage array.
MSI will support the 3-way AMD CrossFire and 2-way Nvidia SLI as limited individuals will require over 2 GPUs.
Z270 SLI Plus features six audio jacks, which is a rare feature in many motherboards.
It has adequate space around the memory slots, and CPU socket, and the fan headers are appropriately spread out on the motherboard.
- Z270 SLI Plus has fan headers coming with the full control feature that allows adequate cooling and performance.
- It has Watercooling, Full fan control, PWM/ DC Mode, and 6x Fan headers. Also, it supports legacy connectors and HDR and OLED display connectors.
- Quick applications operation
- Great build and feel
- Solid core features
- Slow in gaming
Next on the i5 7600k compatible motherboards is the GIGABYTE AORUS GA-Z270X-Gaming K5 that has a neutral black look with the onboard LEDs.
The Z270X-Gaming K5 keeps the Aorus’ some of its key characteristics. Z270X-Gaming K5 has Smart Fan 5, which will allow you excellent fan control.
Further, the fan control mechanism will operate effectively with the 3-pin DC and 4-pin PWM fans and pumps.
Also, the motherboard has RGB Fusion, but its onboard LEDs’ quality is lower than that in the SKUs.
It has USB 3.1 10Gbps Gen 2 in the Type-A and -C form that is ASM2142 chipset ran as opposed to the other competing features that provide Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps).
Z270X-Gaming K5 has onboard U.2, dual M.2 slots for much high-speed storage, and multi-GPU configurations support, the device is an excellent gaming motherboard.
The M.2 Genie allows easier RAID O installation for U.2 and M.2. It has a Gigabit LAN networking kit that is designed to enable multimedia and professional utilization for a fast, stable, and secure connection.
- RGB fusion led
- Dual Ultra-Fast M.2
- Smart Fan 5 with Hybrid Fan Headers and Temperature Sensors
The ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6 will be an excellent gaming motherboard that will be compatible with your i5 7600k CPU supporting the LGA 1150 or 1151 Socket and Killer E2400 network.
The mo-bo includes a 12-phase power build, supports the AMD Quad CrossFire and NVIDIA Quad SLI for full gaming experience at an affordable price.
ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6 comes with USB 3.1 connectivity, dual LAN ports, Intel Optane Memory.
Further, its chipset has 26x I/O ports that are constructed as PCI-E 3.0, SATA6G, or USB 3.0. It has 2 M.2 slots for your NVMe SSDs, 3 PCIe x1 slots, and three protected PCIe x16 slots.
It has 2 CPU headers that are located under your LGA1151 socket allowing just the 6th gen Core CPU. Also, it has four other fan headers at the board’s edge where you can install air coolers but avoid blocking the 4 DDR4 RAM slots.
Its F-Stream feature enables a gamer to give system information, overclock, and change the speed of the fan. However, competitive over-clockers would opt for the UEFI BIOS.
Therefore, the ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6 is a top-performing motherboard that will allow you to plug in many peripherals such as disk drives with no rection in speed.
- Excellent storage connection
- Has killer LAN allowing gaming prioritization
- Aesthetic design, particularly the heat-sinks
- Many ports (on-board)
- Middling performance
MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon is an average-priced mo-bo that is a favorite for many dual-GPU gaming enthusiasts and comes with M.2 Shield cooling and has RGB LEDs.
The mobo is extensively silver and black with separately controllable RGB LED lighted areas that will give you a better gaming experience.
Further, the Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon has Steel DDR4 slots and Armor PCIe that increases the firmness of the motherboard, protecting against EMI and avoiding a tear.
- Also, it comes with 6 SATA ports that will increase the storage allowance.
- Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon is wrapped with Carbon fiber, which denotes excellent performance and speed.
On the software front, the company updated the UEFI created Click BIOS to form 5 that allows MSI to Boost Overclock.
It has a dual-Turbo M.2 connection reaching about 32 GB/s speeds and supporting the Intel Optane.
Coupled with the 15KV anti-surge guard, the Intel i219V chip will offer adequate network connectivity. It has a separate audio PCB and will have Audio Boost 4 to deliver top-quality sound.
- Finally, the motherboard’s expansion slot design can allow like the triple-slot cards (video).
I will review the ultimate motherboards that are compatible with your i5 7600k processor for the best streaming, gaming, or content creation experience. Also, check the i5 6600k motherboard.
- Has M.2 Shield
- Beautiful motherboard build
- Magical and customizable Light RGB
- Featured base to allow top gaming build
- Lacks Wi-Fi
What is i5 7600k? i5 7600k CPU is a 4 core four thread 3.8 gigahertz base, 4.2 GHz boost clock CPU coming with a cavity-like architecture that uses 16 PCIe lanes and 6MB of l3 cache.
- It is 3MHz faster compared to the Skylake 6600 k, but it has just small enhancements for video decoding.
Also, it uses the 1151 socket LGA and hence has 1151 pins at the back, and with just the BIO update, it’ll fit into the new Z270 and older Z170 motherboards.