Reverse osmosis system helps in water filtration hence giving you competitive water protection which will eliminate up to 99% harmful chemicals in contaminated water. If you want healthy, safe and pure water for you and your family then ROs are your ultimate choice.
Despite Reverse osmosis being the most rewarding method to purify water, choosing the best option can be extremely overwhelming. Worry less for we have taken the active measures to come up with top list of some of the most sort after RO systems. Here are the best reverse osmosis filtration systems available now. Each portrays impeccable features conjoined with satisfying customer reviews, each however stands out in its way out.
- Best Reverse Osmosis Systems 2018
- 1. Home Master TMAFC Artesian
- 2. APEC Top Tier 5-Stage Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis
- 3. APEC Top Tier Supreme Certified High Flow 90 GPD
- 4. APEC Portable Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter
- 5. iSpring RCC7 High Capacity Under Sink 5-Stage
- 6. iSpring RCC7AK High Capacity under Sink 6-Stage Reverse Osmosis
- 7. Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection Undersink Reverse Osmosis
- Things you must consider
Best Reverse Osmosis Systems 2018
Home Master TMAFC Artesian is a first choice when it comes to solving your RO system problems. In comparison to traditional reverse osmosis system, fittings and tubing of Home Master TMAFC Artesian are relatively large.
It makes good use of its systematic 7-stage filtration which gives you clean and pure water. What makes this RO system different from the rest are its two magnificent features:
The purified water by this filter comes with a blended taste. Its slightly acidic nature plus the dissolved minerals makes this taste possible. It never stops at that, useful minerals are again added back to the water after the filtration which in turn adds the water pH to alkaline.
This results to a fresher and tastier mineral water which is loved by many people. Its other amazing feature is the permeate pump. This pump does not use electricity but can emulate water pressure prior to entering the filters.
The method helps in water waste reduction up to 80% which in turn increases the production of water up to 50%. If you are a city dweller then this feature should be very important.
- Improved RO system
- Increased water flow rate to faucets
- 7-stage filtration
- Easy changeable filters
- Easy installment and set up
- Water is not purely alkaline
- Low productivity rate
2. APEC Top Tier 5-Stage Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis
The Apec top tier Ro is also a very inexpensive and popular water filter system with quite a number of positive customer reviews. The simple to use feature that does not require any whistles and bells makes it outstanding amongst the rest.
It features a five stage water purification system which has a 50 gallon of water purified daily. It however does waste water at a rate of 3 gallons per 1 gallon purified water. The Apec RO comes with pressurized tank and a faucet. Fully packed with what you need for installation which is also simple. No prior installation knowledge is needed and can be set up in about 1hr if you are an amarture.[one_half_first]Pros
- Made in USA ensuring quality and a year’s warranty though you can pay for additional warranty.
- Minimal maintenance required.
- production rate is 2X faster production rate
- Quality clear and clean water is resultant.
- Easy installment.
- Free customer service and assistance.
- Complicated for people who don’t know of water filtration system.
- Valve shut offs following annual filter replacement.
3. APEC Top Tier Supreme Certified High Flow 90 GPD
If you use more water than the average human consumption per day then this system should be your choice. Despite being closely the same with 5 stage top tier, it has one big difference: can purify 90 gallons daily as the other rates at 50 gallons. The 90 GPD has a high filtration rate capacity which makes it suitable for users who use a lot of filtered water daily.
For installation, easy guidelines are provided and can be done without any technical provisions. Nonetheless, get assured that you have installed it smoothly lest you face future system leaks. But it’s perfect![one_half_first]Pros
- Good taste with a sleek design.
- Easy installment with clear instructions to aid you
- Easy maintenance with annual filter replacement.
- Lower water waste.
- Initially produces quirk colored water.
4. APEC Portable Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter
The APEC RO-CTOP-C Portable Countertop is ideal when you are on the move. You don’t even need to install it because it only requires attachment to standard faucet in the aerator’s place.
After connection the unit will be beside the sink on counter. Apart from an amazing large output it is also efficient. Out of the entire filtered gallon it is only 2 gallons which are wasted to flush RO membrane. This is remarkably lower than other systems which loose an average of 3 gallons for the same task.[one_half_first]Pros
- Quick and easy portable system which is easily installed too
- Manufacturer warranty of 1 year
- There is no availability of storage tanks when there is a demand for water.
- It is not compatible with all types of faucets.
5. iSpring RCC7 High Capacity Under Sink 5-Stage
It is highly recommended due to its popularity, simplicity and cost efficiency. Only wasting 3 average gallons, it is highly recommended although this amount is dependent on the feed of your water pressure.
It is inclusive of cartridge filters that rest on filter holders which are plastic. The filters may not be as easily changeable as Home Master modular filters but they are relatively quick and simple filter change.[one_half_first]Pros
- 75 pure water gallon output
- Inclusive of leakage alarm in kit
- Cheap replacement filters
- Removal of 98% of contaminants. Heavy metals, sediments and chemicals
- 4-gallon storage tank which is pre-pressurized
- 3 year limited warranty by the manufacturer plus a guarantee of 12 months money back
- Wastage of 3 gallons of purified water
- Short filter life
- Advanced features such as UV filter, permeate pump or remineralizer
6. iSpring RCC7AK High Capacity under Sink 6-Stage Reverse Osmosis
The introduction of the UV light system makes this system outstanding. Any bacteria or viruses that might have escaped after the filtration is killed by the UV light system. With a seven stage filtration system which in turn produces 75 gallons daily, nothing can ever go wrong with this RO.
It loses 3 gallons of water to elate 1 gallon. Nonetheless the amount of purified water produced highly depends on how you have set the feed water pressure. It is an average outcome in comparison to other RO listed above.[one_half_first]Pros
- Remineralization filter improves taste
- 75 gallons water output a day
- Includes leakage alarm in kit
- Removal of 98% of sediments, chemicals, heavy metals and contaminants
- All metallic faucets are nickel brushed designed in Europe
- 3 wasted gallons a day which is average.
- Filter’s life is relatively shorter in comparison to other competitor systems
- It is not inclusive of UV light which could have aided in the destruction of microorganisms and bacteria.
7. Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection Undersink Reverse Osmosis
True to its name perfection, thisHome Master TMHP HydroPerfection Reverse Osmosis system highly recommended and highly demanded. The Home Master TMHP is inclusive of permeate pump whose function is to alleviate the output In a day up to 75 gallons and lower the amount of wasted water which is required to flush membranes to a purified water gallon produced.
To an added advantage, it has upgraded faucets with an output of 75 gallons a day. It currently uses a diameter tubing of 3/8 which is very large aimed at flow rate increase as well as the speed as to which purified water will reach the faucet which makes it highly rated.
In spite of all this a potential difficulty in the whole installation process is the hole drilling at the sink’s top for the faucet of pure water which may not be totally necessary should a hold is already existential for a blank cover, soap dispenser or even hand sprayer.[one_half_first]Pros
- 1 hour DIY installation designation
- High 75 gallons water output which is highly purified.
- 5 years of limited warranty by the manufacturer
- Includes a 4 gallon storage tank of pre-pressurized aqua
- 1 year or 2000 gallons which is higher with 2 times filter life in comparison to other competitors.
- It is the most expensive.
- UVlight needs 110V outlet which may not necessarily be available.
Things you must consider
It seems you’re really serious about purchasing one of the Reverse Osmosis Systems, which is only a wise decision that you have made. Have a look on the following considerations as you make final decisions:
- Is it necessary to purchase a faucet? Separate faucets are required by RO systems to dispense treated water. But a query is that were you aware of the fact that depending on your kitchen’s style, color and finish, you can change the faucet to match them?
- Are you in a requirement of air gap faucet or air gap? Faucets with noair gap have no air gapto help in the prevention of siphoning drained water back to the system. Nonetheless faucets with no air gap are easy to install with less noise and an installed check valve to prevent drain backflow hence the most common faucet is that with no air gap.
- How many filtration stages should be in an RO system? Typically RO systems come in either 5. 4 or 3 filtration stages. The most recommended is the one with 4 stages which has most applications. However should you be in a place with high sediment levels or well water consider purchasing the one with 5 stages which has a pre-filtration. It is important to know that ROsystems with 4 or 5 stages to provide filtration adequacy in most applications.
- What of water hardness? The question here is does the water which is incoming have a level of hardness over 7 grains in a gallon (gpg)? Be aware that an RO system does not soften water however a pretreatment of water softener which will aid in membrane and RO system life preservation should your water possess over 7 hardness of gpg which is not necessarily important.
- Do RO Systems Waste Water?Just like our common water usage everyday to wash dishes clothes and ourselves, the technology of RO systems use water to cleanse RO membranes in the process of processing water. On the process of filtration, typically RO systems use a lot of water in comparison to the filter water which it produces. Nevertheless, when the storage tank is filled the whole system shuts off thus water stops running down drain. On the whole point, other systems are water efficient in comparison to other systems.
- What is the amount of water that a system is able to produce?A GPD produces 50%-70% rate of water. Of course, no human can consume 50 or more of gallons but GPD rating of 50 is the normal speed drinking water is made by RO system with a gallon output per hour and 60 psi water pressure. So a rated system of 50 GPD provides a production which is adequate and way cheaper.
- Is RO water suitable for ice maker? To simply acquire ice all you got to do is add a kit of icemaker adapter to simply get icemaker RO water. You no longer require another refrigerator filter.
You know that nothing is perfect right? So do not hurry to purchase in an aim of finding the best and the perfect one among all of them. But forget all that, the merits of RO water is way heavier than the demerits. It is extremely worth it to consume clean purified water in order to lead healthy lives.
Having full knowledge it is my hope that you can easily decide on the RO system that you can purchase and installed. The products which are listed above should assure you of excellent filtration abilities as well as additional features like installment ease and innovative design. Providing safe and purified drinking water, these RO systems are all efficient however the ball is on your court right now to decide which one satisfies your needs!